Tuesday, February 16, 2016

Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge #4

I'm so happy to share my card for the 4th Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge.  I chose to do the diagonal again: thank you, distress inks, plants.  I've always loved PTI's Petite Pots, but somehow haven't hardly used them, so this challenge was a great reason to pull them out. 
I used the simplest application of distress inks and just stamped with them.  I love the richness of Distress Inks, the Mowed Lawn ink in particular.  I added a bit of shading to the pots by lightly inking them the first time and then inking up just the edges of the stamp again and stamping it a second time.  The leaf images are meant to have flowers stamped atop them, but I think they look beautiful all on their own.  I'm loving one layer cards lately, and the Simon Says: One Layer Challenge couldn't have been more timely. ;)
I had the best time visiting and seeing everyone's creations last challenge. Can't wait to see how this next challenge inspires you.  Make sure to go to the Stamping Smiles Designs Tic-Tac-Toe Challenge blog to get all the details and see how all the other designers were inspired!

10 comments:

  1. Love your CAS design! SO pretty!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lindsey when I saw this on Instagram I fell in love, perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is fabulous!! I LOVE the one layer look but not so great on the execution!! Those little pots are so sweet. And I LOVE that sentiment font. Great take on the challenge!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Absolutely delightful1! Love the colors and composition! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “One Layer” Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I LOve the leafy loveliness, Lindsey! NO flowers necessary, it is gorgeous! I'm thinking on the diagonal, too! Thank you SO much for your thoughts, and prayers, sweetie... xxoo
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous CAS design! Love the natural colors of the pots with your greenery--so pretty!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, this is sooooo cute, Lindsey!!! Love those sweet little pots and the clever way you have done the shading!!! What a lovely CAS card!!!
    Have a great day!!!!
    Hugz

    ReplyDelete
  8. Calm serenity, Lindsey ... your leafy pots are so soothing and lovely ... and so deliciously CAS! Hugs, Anita :)

    ReplyDelete