Saturday, January 10, 2015

Cardinals

Hi! I'm back again with a post just for fun to share the other card I made that was inspired by Kara's Friday Inspiration File.  (If you missed the first one, you can check it out here.) This is a super simplified CASE of this pin, which is a beautiful watercolored card by Isha Gupta {New Ideas}.  I'd love to CASE Isha's card again when I have a more time, so I could actually try to watercolor, but there certainly is some satisfaction in creating a really quick and easy card.  The part that makes me happy about this card is the cardinal.  Cardinals always remind me of home.  I loved seeing them in the trees when I was little.  In fact, for years (like before I was even married) I've had this little picture in my head of a perfect day.  I'm not sure I've ever written it down, but I can always remember it.  Anyway, it goes something like this...I'm in the kitchen baking pies on a fall day.  When I look out the window over the kitchen sink, I see my kids happily playing in the backyard.  The backyard is framed by lots and lots of trees, and I can see little flecks of red and blue in the trees where cardinals and bluejays are perched.  I'm smiling just thinking about it.  Now where was I?  Oh, yes.  The cardinal on this card makes me happy. :) Boy have I ever been tangential this week...I'm not sure why.    I hope I haven't completely lost you. :) Thanks so much for stopping by, and I hope you have a wonderful weekend!
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Birds & Blooms); Winnie & Walter (Winter Wonderland)
Ink: PTI (Aqua Mist, New Leaf, Pure Poppy), Ranger (Jet Black Archival Ink)

7 comments:

  1. Your perfect day sound wonderful! Gorgeous watercolor! I became a huge Arziona Cardinal football fan when one of my favorite quarterbacks played on the team ( Kurt Warner ) so I love your watercolored Cardinal!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I would like to be there with you on your perfect day. However, I would be baking brownies! Super cute card. I think you are looking like a real water coloring pro.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looking out at birds in the yard always makes my day happy too! This year sometimes we've had four or more pairs of cardinals at the same time! Love your card!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That was a beautiful vision, Lindsey, and you've made a beautiful CAS card! There are so many of us card makers who love birds ~ the two pleasant activities seem to go hand-in-hand! You are especially blessed to live where you see those incredible red cardinals!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is beautiful, Lindsey! You should link it up to Virginia's View challenge -- it's about having a lot of white space. Your card is perfect for it....

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a sweet creation - well done. Love that bird stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Awww. Hope your days are like your perfect day! I love cardinals too - we don't have them in Germany, but plenty at my folks' in MI. Had a crazy one once who would flutter and peck at the car's side view mirror and the bedroom window!

    ReplyDelete