Friday, November 14, 2014

Colorful Tag Set

Remember this photo I shared yesterday?  I should space this post apart since I know posting will be sparse, but I'm no good at waiting when I'm excited about sharing something.  That goes for gifts, too.  When I make or buy a gift I know someone will love, I have the hardest time not giving it to them right away.  I also prefer to have gifts ready well in advance, so that makes things tricky.  But I digress.  While I had my supplies out and the kiddos were happily spending time with dad, I made this quick set of tags.  I intentionally made my first tag set to resemble ornaments because I thought it would look pretty tied to a gift, but then I was a bit worried that it wasn't the right fit for the occasion...that it wasn't "taggy" enough.  So...I made these, too.
Please forgive the lighting.  There was no sun when I finished, and I knew if I waited to take pictures another day, it may never happen.  My goals were to make use off the teeny tiny stamps that come in stamp sets and often get overlooked, to use some never-before-used-schtuff (yes, Darnell...I think of you and your NBUS every time I create), and use lots of ink colors.  Check, check, and check.  This first sequins tag is made with stamps in PTI's Sparkle & Shine: Holiday Additions Mini Stamp Set (definitely worth $5).
This tag features my NBUS: WPlus9's Just Geometrics Triangle. (Why have I waited so long to use it?  I LOVE these triangles!) It also features a color scheme I adore.
These little bows are from Clearly Besotted's Make a Wish Stamp Set.
The big snowflakes on this tag are from Clearly Besotted's In Stitches: Christmas set and the little ones are from PTI's Sparkle & Shine: Holiday Additions Mini Stamp Set. And that's it. Lots of ink, lots of stamping, and done.  All that adds up to one very happy stamper.

14 comments:

  1. I'm the same way!!! Adorable tags!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute tags girl! Love the sequin stamp!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are adorable! Love the festive mix of colors too ;)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, I love your set of tags! You chose the right colors for each design, too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're one happy stamper, we're all lots of happy readers, Lindsey ... these are fabulous! I'm the same with little stamps ... love to use them for something that makes them shine (when I get the chance!) ... and you did here ... just brilliant! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute tag set Lindsey! I am laughing so hard as I was trying to figure whree you got the sequin stamp from and why I didn't have it--ha ha just needed to read and wow i had no idea that image was in that set, that I do have;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are so very adorable. Great idea to use and highlight some of the smaller stamps that come in a set.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the way you used the tiny stamps that come in sets. I think your tags are darling! So fun to use NBUS . I never even got in my craft room this weekend and I don’t have kids at home. Happy you did.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I felt such a goose for missing Day-11 of the 25 Tags of Christmas but I'm so glad that I did, because it means I get to enjoy your 2nd set of tags as a BONUS Lindsey :)
    LOVE your colour combos and LOVE the pretty stamps on each one, the sequins and triangles are DELIGHTFUL!!!
    THANK YOU for the INSPIRATION!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. What great stamps you have chosen to make these fun tags! I might have thought about sequins or snowflakes or bows - but I don't think I would have thought of the triangles and that's my favorite tag!

    ReplyDelete
  11. aww these tags are just full of cuteness.. totally love

    ReplyDelete
  12. Lindsey, your set of tags are pure delights! Their simplicity is what elevates them to stunning! Way to go with finding ways to give 'little stamps' a chance to be at centre stage! Brilliant! Your visit to my blog has totally made my day! THANK YOU!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete