Sunday, September 14, 2014

A Card for My Niece

Hello!  Just popping in to share a card I made for one of my nieces who recently had a birthday.  Skulls wouldn't normally be my thing for a birthday card, but for a girl who loves Monster High, this works. :) The theme was certainly inspired by my niece, but I was also inspired by the current Fusion challenge.  It's been ages since I played along with a Fusion challenge, but I couldn't get the pink and the tad bit of shiny silver from the inspiration photo out of my head.  I loved the sketch, too, but that will have to be inspiration for another day.  Hope you enjoy the last day of the weekend!
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Autumn Pattern Pieces, Polka Dot Parade #7), WPlus9 (Strictly Sentiments 1)
Ink: PTI (raspberry fizz, true black)
Other: silver sequins

15 comments:

  1. Skulls aren't normally my thing, either, but this card is super cool! Great design! I'm so glad you could join us at Fusion!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahhh...this is so fun. Skulls aren't my thing either but I have a niece that would love this as well! So glad you joined us at Fusion Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a fun teenage card design ... those can be tricky ... so glad you joined us at Fusion Card Challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, this is such a fun card! Love how you were inspired!
    Thanks for playing with us at FUSION.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the little pink bow on the girly skull, great teen card :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a cool card! I love the pairing of argyle and a skull! I'll bet your niece loved this!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh my gosh this is such a great idea for a girl birthday card! Love this! Did you add the eyelashes ,so stinking cute!
    Ps. I got your email :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would never had guessed a skull card could be pretty, but you've managed it here, Lindsey, with that cute little pink bow and those silver sequins! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I'm sure your niece will be delighted with this fun birthday card! With the pinks and with the sweet little bow the skull is so much less scary! Darling card, and I love your take with this for the Fusion challenge. Bev

    ReplyDelete
  10. Wow what unique design :) Love it. Thank you for sharing with Fusion !

    ReplyDelete
  11. So FLIRTY and HIP, LOVE it!! Thanks so much for joining us at FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Cool & funky - perfect card for your niece Lindsey, she will LOVE IT!!!!! So glad you joined in the fun @ FUSION!

    ReplyDelete
  13. This totally jumped out at me from the Fusion Gallery...love it!! I don't know how you managed to make a skull pretty with its eyelashes and pink bow but you were very successful. Love the pattern behind the skull too. I think its a winner!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Who would have thought a skull could be cute, but this is so much fun!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this Lindsey!!! FUN hip and trendy cool pattern and design!!! Thanks for joining us at The FUSION!!!

    ReplyDelete