Sunday, January 26, 2014

CASology: Contrast...Then vs. Now

Hi!  A couple days ago I made a card for this week's challenge at CAS-ology, but I didn't have time to share it.  Though the cue card was open to your own personal interpretation, I loved the idea that most of the team members' used -- to contrast a CAS vs. a non-CAS card.  I started looking at photos from closer to the beginning of my blog and found this one (original post here).
THE OLD CARD
I remember liking it a lot when I made it, but it most definitely is not a clean and simple card.  I kept the focal point and the color palette palette the same, though I did swap out PTI's Lemon Tart for Harvest Gold, and this is my new and CAS-improved card:
I'm hoping that it's obvious that I simplified and cleaned up EVERYTHING on this card right down to the pillow. :) And the ironic part is that I am 100% certain that recipient of the first card would love this new CAS one a whole lot better.  It's so much more her.  This challenge was a blast!  Now if I could just apply this same concept with my entire house. :) There's a tad bit more time to participate (it closes Sunday afternoon), so if you get a chance, I'd highly recommend joining the fun.  Have a fabulous rest of the weekend!  ETA: I totally forgot to link up my card after I posted it...silly me!  Oh, well...it was totally worth making the card anyway.
Supplies (All PTI unless otherwise noted)
Stamps: On My Couch
Ink: Basic Gray (SU!), Harvest Gold, Raspberry Fizz

11 comments:

  1. Ha...laughing about applying this challenge to your house. I need to do that! I love how you did the before and after...I love the gorgeous damask on the first, but the second is amazing! Love how clean it is Lindsey.

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE....what a fun take on the contrast challenge! Although your original card is so very pretty, I really love how you CAS-ified it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. That sentiment is so fun with the comfy chair image! This one made me smile!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsey, isn't it fun to revisit our older cards with a new "eye?" I LOVE the first card, but I will admit I am very drawn to the CAS version, too! Thanks for joining us this week at CASology...your cards definitely illustrate the contrast between CAS and not-so-CS!

    ReplyDelete
  5. (Lindsey...I don't see your card in the In-Links at CASology...be sure to link it up!)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey your CAS improved card is fabulous! Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Oh, Lindsay--A+ on this assignment. I think your original card is very fine, indeed, but your newer one is so much more CAS in every way. It is interesting, because I think your style has evolved and is now more naturally CAS. Thank you so much for playing along at CASology this week. Looks like you enjoyed it, and I hope you play again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG!! Totally LOVING your SWEET Creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Oh, bless your heart, Lindsey, that's a shame you didn't post this. It's PERFECT for what the challenge was all about and you did a winning post for it!! I know you're friend will love getting the updated version in all its CASliciousness!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  10. I am sure your friend loved the first card Lindsey. I do love your remake …what a great job on remaking this card. This was such a fun idea showing how you rethought this card. Love it!

    ReplyDelete