Saturday, December 7, 2013

Winter Birthday (WPlus9 Monday Mood Board #24)

 
Hello!  Is anyone enjoying a snowy weekend like we are?  It's beautiful outside...at least from the view of our windows.  I'm not eager to step outside until the snow stops. :) Okay, on to today's card.
 
We've been really blessed to have good neighbors.  We have a quiet street.  Everyone is nice and friendly, but we don't see each other often.  Most people work all day, and you don't see many people out and about at night...especially in the winter.  But...I have a neighbor who I just love.  She's my friend, and I truly feel so much gratitude being able to say that.  Her birthday is next week, and I made this card for her.  The snowflakes are bright and cheerful...just like she is.
The inspiration for this card started with WPlus9's Monday Mood Board.  I loved the wood, and the bright red ribbon with the snowflake on it reminded me of this card I had seen, so I used that as my layout.
**Please check out my newly added For Sale Page here.....lots of stamps and dies still available.**
Supplies
Stamps: Strictly Sentiments 1 (WPlus9)
Ink: Versamark
Paper: berry sorbet, pure poppy, stamper's select white (PTI), Dilly Dally (MME)
Other: Snowflake Dies (Lil' Inkers), white embossing powder (SU!), button (PTI), hemp (CTMH)

7 comments:

  1. This is such a wonderful birthday card. Your snowflakes look like a wreath hung on that old wood paper. How nice that you have such a great neighbor--I'm sure she'll love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the red snowflakes against the woodgrain--wonderful combination!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These layered snowflakes are so lovely, Lindsey ... such fabulous colours against the woodgrain DP! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lindsay! Great winter birthday card...love the color scheme! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the snowflake on the wood! Your friend will love this. I am sure she is so grateful to have you around too.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This card is brilliant! I love the white sentiment and bright snowflake on the woodgrain print! Also, thank you so much for stopping by my blog and leaving sweet comments. They always make my day!

    ReplyDelete