Thursday, November 21, 2013

Less Is More Designer Paper Challenge

Just a quick post to share another card I made for the current Less Is More Challenge to use designer paper in a CAS way.  If it hasn't been obvious, I've been trying really hard to use up some of my patterned paper lately, so this challenge is perfect.  I'm pretty proud of myself for using paper on this card that I've had for years!  If you follow the amazingly talented Maile Belles, you'll recognize that my card is a CASE of this card that she made.  I pinned it a month ago because it was such a brilliant way to use patterned paper, and I just loved it.  Well, I'm off to bed at last. Thanks so much for stopping by!
Supplies
Stamps: Reflections (Paper Smooches), Say it in Style (CTMH)
Ink: Cranberry (CTMH), London Fog (Memento), New Leaf (PTI)
Cardstock: Rustic Cream (PTI)
Patterned Paper: Glitter Christmas Stack (DCWV), Lost & Found Two (MME), Mosaic Memories (Recollections) 
Other: Reflections Graphic dies (Paper Smooches), Vintage Cream button (PTI)

11 comments:

  1. What a brilliant way to use papers, this looks amazing Lindsey!
    Thanks once more.
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is beautiful, I love the papers you've paired together and I'm loving the angle trend right now too. The sentiment & funky poinsettia finish the card off perfectly. Hugs Bev x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh I love your layers of patterned paper! What a great card!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I somehow missed MB but I I am so happy to see your card Lindsey . I love this ! Such a great way to use up tons of paper we had to have. Looks pretty easy to mail too. Love the PS die flower . I ordered those tip it or whatever dies from PTI looks like I did not need them ? Is there a trick to cutting the paper that way? I will have to check it out. Did you get snow. We got rain!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lindsey this is beautiful, love the tilt!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, I absolutely love this card. What a fun and creative way to use up patterned paper scraps. You know how much I love patterned paper. Love all of your cards little sis!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love Maile's tilted card designs and you CASE'd it perfectly! Did you get the new PTI tilted dies??

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks, Donna! And to answer your question...not yet, but they are on my wish list. :) FIguring out the angles was trickier than I expected, and I wouldn't mind having a die to make it easier.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Lindsey! Thank you so much for making me the recipient of this card! I just received it today and it looks even more beautiful in person! And you really don't need those PTI dies because you did a great job with the angles! Thank you again!

      Delete
  9. Wow! I can't believe you cut without dies...so precise!!! Awesome take on Maile's card...love the papers you chose, Lindsey!!!

    ReplyDelete