Saturday, August 10, 2013

Curtain Call: Watermelon Wonder Challenge

When I saw Curtain Call's Watermelon Wonder Challenge I had similar feelings to the first challenge....there is so much to draw inspiration from...where should I start?  I couldn't decide, so I ended up making three cards.  This one obviously pulls from the party tablescape image.  I just couldn't get those pinwheels out of my head, so I decided I would completely focus on them and make them the focal point of my card.  I pulled out a bunch of scraps, cut, scored, and glued until I had a pile of pinwheels, and then I just randomly placed them on the card.  I sort of love it.  It reminds me of some Halloween decorations I made for a church party a few years ago.  I essentially did the same thing, just mega sized.  The pinwheels were huge and the cluster of them covered at least 15 feet on a wall.  Oh, and the sentiment is from PTI's Happy Hexagon's set.  That wraps it up for me...I've got two more posts to finish up quickly, and then I'm off to bed.  Thanks for stopping by!

5 comments:

  1. this is amazing, Lindsey! adore your cluster of pinwheels..what a wonderful interpretation of the Watermelon Wonder challenge! thanks so much for playing along with us at the Curtain Call!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful rosettes Lindsey! Thank you so much for joining us at the Curtain Call Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG!! These are so cute! I love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your take on these challenges rock!

    ReplyDelete