Sunday, July 7, 2013

Muse #24, CASology #51, Color Throwdown #249, Simon Says: Patriotic & Stacey's Birthday Party

 
I really liked the layout of Laurie's card, so I decided that my second Muse Challenge attempt would be a more literal interpretation.  I used the same layout and embossed the background like Laurie did on her card.  I wanted to highlight the sentiment a bit more, so before I embossed the polka dots, I placed a little flag over the sentiment so that part would remain flat.  Then I placed a row of rhinestones underneath. 
My color scheme came from this week's Color Throwdown...I LOVE the addition of Bermuda Bay to the patriotic colors, which were also perfect for this week's Simon Says...Patriotic challenge.  Since this week's cue card at CASology is fireworks, I decided to make those the focal point on PTI's Simple Circle's Die.  The fireworks were created with PTI's Daydreamer set and Stampin' Up's Snow Burst set.  And finally, I embossed the sentiment "celebrate" (made with Alphabet Soup by TAWS) because I actually intend to use this as a birthday card, so I'm also linking this up for Stacey's Birthday Linky Party, too.  Phew!  That was a mouthful.  I'm exhausted now, so I think I'll call it a day.  Goodnight! :)
To recap, I'm linking up to these challenges:
  
 


15 comments:

  1. This is fab, love the colours and the added bling. Thank you for joining us this week at CASology

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow ...look at all those challenges you entered.....that takes talent too! Love this fun card with the bit of fireworks and happy colors!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is bright and fun and a great combination of these challenges! Thanks for playing with Muse and CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lindsay, this is so crisp and clean and love the turquoise! The TAWS alpha, super!


    Thanks for joining us in the FUN at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the bold colors here, Lindsey! You are a challenge master, my dear! Thanks so much for linking up to the Birthday Party a second time!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card, I love the colours you have used :)
    Thanks for stopping by my blog xxx
    Kate

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this Lindsey, great fireworks and great colours.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thought I was already following you but wasn't, now I am!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Ooh, another lovely Muse card, Lindsey ... this is wonderful ... I love the base colour and the fireworks are so festive! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. You have used the CTD colors beautifully....I just love your awesome design and the addition of the bling!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So striking! Love the blings and color combo!! Beautifully done, Lindsey!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Fabulous CAS card Lindsey. gorgeous colours and I love the pretty bling.
    Thanks for joining us at Simon Says Stamp for our Patriotic challenge
    hugs
    Mandy xx

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hi Lindsey, love these colours and the bling. Great combination of challenges too :) Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love the arrangement of the challenge colors. Love the crispness of the stamped images within the circles. Love the white embossed sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I adore the turquoise base and that electric blue strip backing the fireworks! Beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete