Saturday, June 29, 2013

Seize the Birthday #20

A sweet neighbor of mine turns 70 tomorrow.  I knew the style of card I wanted to do, but because that style is out of my comfort zone, I was struggling to get started....reminds me of every time I had to write a paper when I was in school. :) Anyway, I started to look through challenges to give me some direction, and when I saw the sketch at Seize the Birthday, I knew I could work with it.  It's a new-to-me challenge, so that made it even more fun. 
When I finished this card I just stared at it for several minutes....I was kind of amazed I put it together.  This color scheme and the floral print paper are two things I would never normally choose myself, but I think they suite my neighbor perfectly.  Actually when I was finished I wished I had made four of these cards.  My grandma, aunt, and mom (who adores pink) would all love it and the sentiment would be perfect for each of them as well.  It was fun to try something different.  Hope everyone had an enjoyable Saturday. :)

5 comments:

  1. So shabby and sweet! Love the pretty papers and your flower is gorgeous! Thanks for joining us this week at Seize the Birthday! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love it and it looks perfect for your neighbor that will be turning 70 it's really perfect for any lady! Love that gorgeous flower too, Lindsey! Hope you have a fun 4th of July!

    ReplyDelete
  3. my gosh you're doing beautiful things with flowers! such pretty patterns, colors, layers...love the banner grouping!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Very pretty. Love the papers and flower.

    ReplyDelete