Tuesday, June 25, 2013

PTI June Blog Hop & CFC106

 
Hello! :) As I was going through my supplies to find anything gold in my stash for PTI's June Blog Hop "A Touch of Gold", I randomly came across some PTI freebies that I printed out more than a year ago.  I decided that this one by Maile Belles would be perfect for adding a touch of gold to, so that's what I did.  It's a fairly simple card in design, but was slightly complicated to put together.  Glitter is just tricky.  I'll leave it at that.  Plus, I decided to use a tag because I had some gold ribbon that I thought would be perfect...well, at least I thought I had gold ribbon.  Turns out it was silver.  Ha!  So I improvised and painted some black floss gold, then dumped a bunch of gold glitter on it. I mixed my newly created gold floss in with some more black floss and that was that.  It ended up working just fine. 
In the end I thought the tag just needed something, so I pulled out PTI's Doily Details dies.  After I diecut the doily I ran it through my Xyron and glittered that up, too. To say that it hangs off the side a bit would be kind of an understatement, but I thought that would be perfect for CAS-ual Fridays Challenge: Over the Edge.  Well, that's it for me.  Thanks for stopping by! :) Hope you have a happy day!
 

18 comments:

  1. I love your touches of gold - just enough :) and very elegant card.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect! Beautiful and very elegant!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey, love each element of this card! Beautiful doily, ribbon, colors, every touch of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  4. lovely touches of gold and over the edge design. fab card.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this! The gold doily die cut is inspired!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lindsey, I am loving all of that glitter!!! So pretty! Thanks for playing along this week at CAS-ual Fridays!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful layout and design! Love the touches of gold!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Lovely! The glittery doily is so fancy and understated at the same time!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE this!! Such a NEAT Card and a Fun take on the challenge!! THANKS for sharing and have a Fabulous Week!! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is elegant and pretty. I love that doily die cut peeking from the back.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love the touches of gold - understated & elegant with the black & white!

    ReplyDelete
  12. wow what a gorgeous card!!! LOVE black and gold together and this is just stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Yep, that delicate doily is a perfect element to go off the edge! Love seeing all the holes. Thanks so much for joining the CAS-ual Fridays Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oooh...I had forgotten that freebie - it is fabulous with all of that gold. What a fantastic layout!

    ReplyDelete