Tuesday, June 4, 2013

CTS#30 Take 2

I made one more card for (CAS)E This Sketch #30.  It's a graduation card for one of my neighbor's. The colors aren't as happy as I normally like to do, but they are the colors of the university the recipient will be attending, so there was a purpose.  And again, this is a little more liberal interpretation of the sketch.  I would have gone more literal in interpretation, but did you look at the DT's cards?  It doesn't get any better than that, and each time I tried, I realized I really was just wanting to CASE one of their cards, not create my own based on the sketch.  Hopefully I'm not so far off that you can't recognize the sketch, though. :) I really just flipped the sketch horizontally.  The road is the broad strip down the middle and the signs represent the little flags in the sketch.  Thanks for stopping by!

Supplies
Stamps: My Cute Stamps (Eek! A Monster!), PTI (Enjoy the Ride, Heart-2-Heart #7, Mat Stack 3 Collection)
Ink: Memento (tuxedo black), PTI (kraft), SU (real red)
Cardstock: PTI (soft stone, stamper's select white, true black)
Other: PTI (Enjoy the Ride die), gray colored pencil

4 comments:

  1. This is adorable Lindsey a perfect graduation card and fun!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The Idea to put the sentiment near the main Images is totally clever..love that car too...nice color combo...GREAT CARD...

    I am also joining the "Case this Sketch" challenge my card is number 92, would you mind to see it on my Blog and I would be so glad if you could leave me some love...many thanks before, hugs, Monika

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lindsey both of your card for this week's CAS(E) this Sketch are fabulous! I love your interpretations. The University colours are bang on for the recipient. Wishing your neighbours's son luck on his next steps.

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's a fabulous use of the sketch....those signs are perfect!

    ReplyDelete