Tuesday, February 12, 2013

PTI Watercolor Challenge


Today's challenge at PTI is to use watercolors.  Watercolors always make me think of my mom and my sister.  They both have created the most beautiful pieces of art using this medium.  I, on the other hand, am not so good at watercoloring.  It's so much harder than it looks (at least in my opinion). A few years back we stayed at a family cabin and my mom brought a bunch of inexpensive watercolors for ALL of us (yes, even the men) to paint pictures with.  She sent the leftovers with me, and they've sat untouched until today.  When I saw PTI's challenge I thought this would be something my little boy could help me with.  He's almost 20 months and this was his first time painting.  He loved it!  He was so serious at first, then he really let loose and just started covering the pages.  I decided to use his artwork to make my cards.  Here's a couple pictures of the little artist hard at work.
 After he painted a page I cut the hearts out and quickly snapped a picture.
Then when he took a nap I turned the hearts into these valentines that he'll be giving to family.  I'm gonna be honest: it's going to be really hard for me to give these away. I think they turned out so stinkin' cute.  I was so proud of him.  For sure this was the best craft "I've" ever done.

Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Fabulous Frames)
Ink: CTMH (Denim)
Cardstock: PTI (Rustic White, Rustic Cream, Soft Stone), Michaels (watercolor paper)
Other: watercolors

1 comment:

  1. These *are* so cute! I don't blame you for wanting to keep them for yourself. :) Thanks for your comment on my blog today, btw. It made me smile.

    ReplyDelete