Friday, February 22, 2013

PTI MIM #104: Pinwheels & RS#51

 
 
This week's Make It Monday Challenge at Papertrey was to make a handmade pinwheel.  It's been a long time since I made one, so it was fun to do again.  I used pinking sheers to make the slits and I like the little touch it adds to the pinwheel, which is made from a My Mind's Eye 6x6 pad that I love love love, but have never used...still trying to break that habit. :)  I used PTI's soft stone cardstock as the base and chicken wire is from PTI's Background Basics: Farm & Barn.  My son says "messy" every time he sees the room I craft in whether the door is open or not (and whether it is clean or not), which has been pretty good motivation to de-junk again.  That's how I happened upon these really old embellishments from Making Memories that I used on the card.
I made this super bright card using RetroSketches Challenge #51. It's a fun sketch, and I can definitely see myself using it again.  The sentiment is from All About You (The Alley Way Stamps).  A different font for me, but in a good way and perfect for the teenager this card is going to. 
 
.

6 comments:

  1. Way to use that patterned paper! I have the same problem of "collecting" it but never putting it to use, but I love how the pinwheel shows off both sides. The bright colors and open lines of the stamped flowers on the second card are fantastic, too. So uplifting!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great cards Lindsey, the chicken wire is just brilliant! Love your RetroSketches card to, bright and cheery and perfect for a teenager!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Both cards are great, Lindsey. Love the background chicken wire and the pinking sheer cuts on your pinwheel.
    Those colors on your Retro Sketch card are beautiful together, TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great cards, Lindsey! Love your pinwheel card with the background chicken wire stamp.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Country pinwheel geniusness! Love the chicken wire background, the pinked edges and the way you've nestled the stars into the banner. The bits of bright color in the DP are the perfect touch. Excellent design!

    I used to be on the TAWS DT and I loooove Alison's handwritten sentiments, so whimsical and fun...and perfect for kids of all ages. It's even better in orange backed by that gorgeous teal. Another great design :)

    ReplyDelete