Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #13

A couple nights ago when I was putting my baby to sleep (some of my best ideas come then), I was thinking about the sketch for CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #13 and the idea for this card came.  I scribbled the idea down after my son fell asleep, but I didn't have a chance to work on the card until today.  I realize I went a little liberal with the tree being a rectangle, but it mostly is. :)  I've been seriously cleaning out my craft supplies and stumbled upon some cork.  I stamped PTI's BB: Woodgrain on it, and I LOVE the look it created.  It's about time I used this cork anyway.  The store I bought it from went out of business at least 3 years ago, so needless to stay it's been sitting unused in my stash for a while.  The sentiment is from The Alley Stamps' newly released All About You set.  It's my first set from TAWS, and I'm a fan.  
P.S. This is my first time doing a CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge, and I just scrolled down to see some of their other challenges, and I saw this card featured from their last sketch that is EXTREMELY similar to mine.  Oh, dear!  Promise I did not use this card as inspiration.  I guess my idea wasn't as creative as I thought.  Or maybe it's better to say that Kate (the creator of the other card) and I both had a great idea.

Anyway, here's the sketch I used.  
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Background Basics: Woodgrain), TAWS (All About You), CTMH (Sans Alphabet)
Ink: SU (Real Red), PTI (True Black), Ranger (Walnut Stain)
Cardstock: PTI (Pure Poppy, Rustic Cream)
Other: PTI (Tiny Tags Die), Cork

4 comments:

  1. Oh My, what a clever idea! Your card looks fantastic, you have the perfect balance and such an uber fun sentiment!
    Thanks so much for sharing at CAS(E) this Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is totally clever - way better than a duck! lol! I love how you saw the tree trunk in this sketch!Thanks so much for playing along with this week's CAS(E) This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yep, great minds think alike!! I adore your take on the sketch and love the woodgrain stamped on the cork - absolutely brilliant!! Thanks so much for playing with us at CAS(E) This Sketch - we're so glad you did!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. It's such a clever interpretation of the sketch. This was my first week taking part in the CAS(E) linky as well.

    Keep up the good work! I can't wait to see what you come up with next time!!!
    -Stephanie from A Geek In Glasses

    ReplyDelete