Tuesday, February 5, 2013

CAS(E) this Sketch Challenge #13 - 2nd Attempt

Okay, I intended to go to bed after I posted my first card for CASE this Sketch Challenge #13, but I just couldn't sleep because of the sick feeling in my stomach that my card looked so much like someone else's entry on a previous challenge.  (If you're curious, you can read more about that here.)  I'm just so thankful that I am the one who noticed it.  I would certainly never ever want to appear to be taking someone else's ideas.  I needed to make a thank you for my husband's colleague who gave my son a very thoughtful gift today anyway, so I went back to the craft room and whipped this card up.  I actually don't like this card nearly as well as my first one, but at least I'll be able to sleep now. 
It's a pretty simple card.  The most detailed thing was probably the flag.  I made the little banner, wrapped it around a toothpick, then cut the elephant's trunk with an exacto knife, so he could hold it.  And I masked the animals as I stamped them, so they could stack a bit better.  And that's about it. :)
Again, this is the sketch I used. (I just flipped it.)
Supplies
Stamps: PTI (Tremendous Treats: Birthday), SU (Trendy Trees)
Ink: PTI (New Leaf), SU (Baja Breeze, Basic Gray, More Mustard)
Cardstock: Making Memories (Wheat), PTI (New Leaf, Rustic Cream), SU (Baja Breeze)
Other: toothpick, SU (1/2" square punch)

2 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love that cute stack of animals and the flag is awesome! Thanks for playing along with CAS(E) This Sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fun idea - a great way to add lots of colour and still leaving lots of clear space! You've done well this week, on both your cards - so glad you played along with CTS!

    ReplyDelete