Thursday, December 27, 2012

Card 2 for 10-Minute Craft Dash #9, CSC83, & MIM #97


 
I made another Christmas thank you for the following three challenges (click on each photo to go to the challenge):
I made the card last night and waited to photograph it until this morning, which was silly because it's still snowy today and the sky is completely gray. There isn't a lot to this card, so it only took me 5 minutes 43 seconds to finish.  To my surprise, the most time consuming part wasn't the selective stamping (christmas) or the glitter, but rather aligning the letter stamps on the acrylic block.
This card was so quick to finish that just for kicks I decided to see how long it would take me to make three more since I had pulled out two sheets of white cardstock. I set the timer again and finished all three in 9 minutes and 33 seconds, and I spent the whole last minute just dusting off the extra glitter from the cards.  If only I could write on the insides that quick. :)
For the Make it Monday Challenge #97: A la Carte, I went back and used MIM #94: Glitter Detail Technique.  Obviously if I hadn't been doing the 10 Minute Craft Dash as well, I would have been a little more precise with applying the glue, but I still love how just a little glitter adds so much.
Supplies
Stamps: Friendship Jar: Holiday Fillers (PTI), Short Order Alphabet (SU)
Ink: True Black, New Leaf (PTI)
Paper: White (PTI)
Other: Martha Stewart Glitter (White Gold & Garnet)


4 comments:

  1. This is such a great Christmas thank you card! Love the little addition of glitter and I am inspired to try to create a one-layer card for my Christmas thank you's now!

    Thank you for joining in the 10 Minute Craft Dash. I hope you'll be able to join in my challenge again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute Lindsey! Such a clever use of the tree! Great idea!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Clever, clever, clever!!! This design is CAS perfection! Thanks so much for playing with us this week at CAS-ual Fridays :)

    ReplyDelete