Saturday, June 30, 2012

PTI Make It Monday #72: Embellishments

This week PTI's Make It Monday Challenge was to make your own embellishments.  I enjoyed putting the layers together for the flower on this card.  I usually keep things more simple (especially lately), so this was stepping a little out of the box for me. The patterned paper was orginally a plaid, but I noticed that the strips I had cut made sort of a chevron pattern when I alternated their directions, so I decided to go with that...it's doesn't line up perfectly, but it's good enough. :)
Supplies
Stamps: Round & Round (PTI), Turning a New Leaf (PTI)
Ink: Buckaroo Blue (SU), So Saffron (SU)
Paper: scraps (from really old Making Memories & Chatter Box papers)
Other: Simple Circles Border Die (PTI), Eyelet Lace Die (PTI), Buttoned Up #1 Die (PTI), Flower Punches (Marvy Uchida), raffia

No comments:

Post a Comment