Thursday, March 1, 2012

Make It Monday 55: Take 2

Okay, so I was a little liberal with this take on the challenge.  When I was looking through my stamps to find frame images, I ran across PTI's On My Couch set.  I know couches and chairs are not frames, but at least they're all things you'd find in a living room. :) Anyway, when I looked at the couches and chairs, I started wondering what they would look like double stamped like Dawn had done in the MIM video.  My curiosity got the best of me, so I inked them up, and I loved the "frame" they created.  I figure I'm still applying the basic concepts of the challenge...making a larger frame out of a smaller image, hiding lines made by double stamping the image, and getting more mileage out of my stamps.  And really, I just thought it was too neat not to share. 
I work with teenage girls at church, so I made little tags with their names on them to go on a gift.  Although some of the tags have the same colors, each tag has a different background.  I'm pretty happy with how they turned out. :)
As you can see in the close up, I stamped the chairs in opposite directions with the feet touching.  It looks really neat when you use the filled in/patterned chair and couch pieces as well.  I'm working on a card that shows that, but for this project I needed to use the chair outline because the outlines have the feet at the bottom, and I needed the image just a bit longer, so I could fit the name labels.
Supplies
Stamps: On My Couch, Fresh Alphabet, Background Basics: Retro (all PTI)
Ink: Raspberry Fizz (PTI), Certainly Celery (SU), Cool Caribbean (SU), Orchid Opulence (SU), So Saffron (SU), VersaMark
Paper: Raspberry Fizz, Aqua Mist, Lemon Tart, Spring Moss, Plum Pudding, White (all PTI)
Others: Key Tag Punch (SU), Ticket Corner Punch (SU), Caribbean & Pink Sorbet Twine (Twinery), Purple Twine, White Emboss Powder (SU), Heat Embossing Tool

2 comments:

  1. This is definitely out of the box! I love the creativity you used here to such great effect. The bright, contrasting colors are delightful as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I LOVE this color combination! Some of my favorite colors these days!

    ReplyDelete