Monday, February 13, 2012

Ice Cream + Pickles = Bear (PTI Make It Monday #52)

The Make It Monday challenge at PTI this last week was to do double sided stamped die cuts. In the first few entries I saw lots of double sided leaves, flowers, and butterflies submitted (and some were really neat), but I wanted to do something different. When I was looking through my dies, the Sweet As Can Be ice cream cone was upside down and the cone looked like a party hat (perfect- that would be easy to make a double sided image). Then I looked at the rest of the die, and I thought that the upside down ice cream scoop looked like a bear's head, so I decided to experiment. I drew some faces on the ice cream scoop and decided that it really did look like a bear, so then I was off to search for a body....no luck. That is until I saw the pickle in Friendship Jar Fillers and it kind of looked like a bear's arm. It took a bit of playing around (including creating a mirror image of the pickle for the bear's left arm and right leg and flattening out the pickle for the legs), but I finally made a "pickle bear" that I liked.
A picture of my experimenting...
The only problem is that the birthday hat looks more like a Santa hat to me now...I should have left off the trim.   Oh, well.  Maybe I'll just change the sentiment.  I love, love the colors on the card in person, but they didn't show up very well in the pictures.  The layout of the card was inspired by this card made by Niki Estes.

A close up of the hat - this is the part that meets the Make It Monday Challenge.
 
Supplies
Stamps: Friendship Jar Fillers, Friendship Jar Holiday Fillers, Borders and Corners Monogram Edition, Sweet As Can Be, Damask Designs, Polka Dot Basics (all sets PTI)
Ink: Walnut Stain Distress Ink (Tim Holtz), Cameo Coral (SU)
Paper: Berry Sorbet (PTI), Mosaic Memories (Recollections)
Other: 2 1/2" circle punch, 3" scallop circle punch, Sweet As Can Be die, Chocolate Chip Grosgrain Striped 1 1/4" Ribbon (SU), Scallop Trim Border Punch (SU), Desert Sand Marker (CTMH), Bamboo Marker (CTMH), Button Brads (Making Memories - I think)

1 comment:

  1. so creative. I can't believe the adorable bear is made out of ice cream and pickles. To funny. You amaze me. Another great card.

    ReplyDelete